4.21.2008

Alayna's Birthday



Alayna turned 4 on Saturday. She was so excited to be the same age as some of her other friends. She is such a sweet little girl with so much energy. Being the middle child she is too little to do what Ashtyn does, but too big to get the kind of attention Jacob gets. Right now she loves the little mermaid and anything Ariel. So for her birthday she wanted an under the sea party with all her friends dressed up as princesses. When I was little I remember my birthday parties being fabulous (thanks to my mom) I always knew when I had kids I would love making their birthdays special too. When we asked Alayna what she wanted for her birthday, she could not come up with one thing. She just hummed and hawed. She did however have grand plans for her party. Each room of the house was going to be different princess room. Her room would be snow white. Our bedroom would be sleeping beauty, the play room would be cinderella etc... She even had planned what friend would be what princess. It was funny to listen to her tell me for weeks how she had it in her mind. In the end we decorated the family room to look like they were under the sea (bubble maker included) and everyone came as the princess they wanted and she had a fun party. I hope she remembers her b-days to be special days. With our crazy schedule and busy days a lot gets turned into "that will have to do" mode. So by the end of our triathlon day, after birthday party, spring red/white football game, BBQ, build a bear and a movie I hope she knew this was her special day. Her day to turn 4, that much closer to getting to do what Ashtyn does, but still getting lots of attention like Jacob gets. Happy Birthday Alayna!

9 comments:

Alison said...

That is so cute! I love kid's b-day parties! Happy Birthday Alayna!

CrazyinIdaho said...

YOU ARE THE MOM!!!!! Way to go on the birthday bash. I love the decorating, right down to the screen saver on the TV!!!! What a fun birthday.

Emily Kern said...

You are amazing! Happy birthday to Alayna! She is so tall! I am sure she will remember this one forever. Maybe you could come and do my kids b-day parties! Good Job!

Emily Oman said...

That was a fun day! Kennedy hasn't stopped talking about it!

Wendy said...

Sara,
You are a fabulous Mom! What a fun party. I saw the invitations. If I just had 1/2 your creativity!
Happy Birthday Alayna! Austin say's Happy Birthday too! (Remember how she use to have crush on Aust? What a vivacious spirt your Alyana has. I be she will grow up and do fabulous, zany things!)

snakeriverwalton said...

I wish I had awesome read hair like Alayna-Ariel. I think you should let her wear that costume every day! The cake was so cute- I'm going to consult you in June for Sarah's b-day.

Tara said...

Sara you are the most creative and fun mom I know! Seriously, if your kids don't know how special they are from all the things you do, I'll be sure and let them know!! Hope to see you soon, Ang is getting the girls night out planned:)

The Brockbanks said...

I loved it! Ariel is my favorite princess. Tell Alayna I am sad I didn't get invited. I would have worn my Ariel costume and everything. I love that you did the MS walk. That is great. You are an inspiration to us all!

Brigitte said...

I'm so impressed! What great details and I love that Alayna wore a red wig to look like Ariel - so adorable!!