5.04.2008

Back to Single Mom

Jay left for Oakland and the start of a 3 week recruiting month. His first year recruiting he was out the entire month coming home only 3 or 4 days of the 30. Progressively since then he has become much more efficient and has shaved much of that time off to this year only being gone 3 weeks home on the weekends AND we get meet up with him at the end in Vegas for the last 2-3 days recruiting there. We'll hang out by the hotel pool all day while he goes recruiting then when the schools let out and he can't visit anyone else, we get to spend the evenings with him. He is a great dad and a lot of help when he is around, but when he is gone, we have become pretty good at being independent. Between 7 &8 pm is when I miss him most. Some days my patience is gone and getting the kids to bed can't happen fast enough. On the other hand, I don't know why, but I get sooooo much more done when he is gone. I have long lists of projects for recruiting season, because I know I can get so much done. I think Jay has figured this one out and now leaves me with a list of honey do's. But what's one more list of things I can 'check' off. I would never wish to be a single mother, but during these couple of weeks I don't miss the 5 o clock shuffle (ya know, straighten the house, get dinner on, spray a little perfume) We get to have cereal, ramen & the cheesiest M&C for dinner. We catch up on dancing with the stars and I get to have unlimited blog time...(sort of). So hopefully I can post a few extra meaningful entries and enjoy little girl talk over cinnamon toast crunch and check off a few projects. But still dream of the day when he doesn't have to leave and we don't have to say good-bye. When I don't have to get a babysitter to go for a run. When we don't have FHE with the phone on speaker so he can join in. When the honey dos become the 'let's do'. When I don't have to stay up so late because I dread going to an empty bed.

4 comments:

snakeriverwalton said...

I'm glad you were single tonight or we wouldn't have gotten to celebrate Cinco de Mayo! Arriba!

Tara said...

What? Party without me? Sounds like it was the hot spot of the night, I expect an invite next cinco de Mayo! j/k You're a trooper Miss Sara, I'm so impressed! Not everyone is made out to be a coache's wife, it obviously was your destiny cuz you handle it so well! Call me anytime you need some help, want to hang out, need a break, etc etc Cole can handle all the kids:)

Emily Kern said...

Amen. I also hate the 7-8 hour which usually stretches to about 9 or 9:30. Ugh!!!

CrazyinIdaho said...

I hear you on the going to bed thing. That is my biggest struggle when Blake is out of town! I loved Ashtyn's dance recital video and pics. I am trying to be better about posting comments instead of just looking and moving on. I also have a goal to add to your recipe blog this week. I love it by the way!