4.28.2011

Spring Recruiting....

The best part of Jay's job is that just when he is getting sick of one thing, (spring ball practice) it changes (to recruiting). I will never complain that his job changes, it is refreshing to have something different. I love anticipating the season and love when it is over. I love his time off in the summer and love when he gets to go back to work.....

But when he is gone (recruiting or road games etc...) I have such a hard time going to bed...
Why?
Is it going to an empty bed?
Is it no one to be accountable to?
I can be incredibly tired and barely functioning and still play 1 more game of sudoku, work on a crossword, read blogs, check facebook, eat a bowl of coco puffs, look at a magazine, check one more time if a word has been played on words with friends, check my favorite channels or dvrs?

Am I waiting for him to surprise me and come home?
No...
I DON'T like surprises, not even for birthdays or Christmas. OR surprises like the time I had planned the extended family reunion and knowing he wouldn't be coming bribed a babysitter to come with me to help with the monkeys. AND then Jay shows up...?

I did not like that.

I don't mind being on my own and having my own schedule when Jay is gone. In fact there are times I really look forward to it. This year though... I miss him (and my sleep) already and it is only the first trip... AND he has added AZ to his recruiting area so he will be gone more than last year...

So what am I waiting for? And why don't I like surprises??


No comments: