10.29.2010

It's all in the spoons.....

Lemme tell ya....

I have so far to go when it comes to motherhood. I have posted this quote before but there is nothing that defines Jacob better....

Of all the animals, the boy is the most unmanageable. --Plato

Scenario 1: I am doing great! I bought Jacob a $3 toy tractor and told him he had to earn it. We talked about the jobs he would do. We got home I put the groceries on the counter and started to check my email when I hear the silverware. Without any instruction, he had opened the dishwasher and started putting the silverware in a perfect manner. Matching large and small forks and spoons even putting the measuring spoons where they belong. Beaming I asked what are you doing. "Earning my tractor" He proceeded to take the laundry basket (of dirty clothes before I helped him with the right basket) upstairs to sort and put away. He even remembered we talked about washing the walls and taking out the garbage. Pretty darn good for 3 bucks and 3 years old.

Scenario 2:
"Before we can go to the school PTA auction, Jacob you need to put the silverware away". Great! We get to the auction and I loose Jacob. Not the usual lost where I find him a few minutes later, I mean alert the principal because it has been what seems to be an eternity. I had been told by friend that he had run outside and tripped in the parking lot and she had corralled him back in but he just went running. Luckily we found him shortly after. He knew he was in BIG trouble. We came home and he had to wear his "buckles" (leash) and stay by my side for the rest of the night.



I know that Jacob gets wound up at night.
He gets wilder, crazier and faster.
And this particular night he was the Tasmanian devil on crack
I remembered I had asked him to put away the silverware.....
When I opened the drawer and saw this....

The meas. utensils at the top should be in the far right bin, the character utensils should be at the top and the rest in their own slot...


So I have decided to use this as my new way of knowing if it is safe to leave the house. Have him put the silverware away. If it is done organized, great! Head off to the mall (or in all reality Target / Wally world) If it looks like the above....lock all the doors, take an Ibuprofen, head to the padded room.

1 comment:

Stacy said...

I like how you measure that. It made me laugh