4.30.2011

Motherhood...

I had one of those nights.

The kind that as you close the door to each child's room you know this is it. This is what life is all about.

Jacob happily cleaned up his enormous Monday mess, let me help him put on his jammies and picked out a story. One we have read at least 30 times but he read it with me as if each page and lift a flap was the first time he had experienced. Gasps and giggles with every opening. Then up to his bed and the count to turn on his light. As I closed the door he was so excited for his pillow "my pillow has dump trucks on it, oh I love this pillow!" as if this were his Christmas present. and laid his head down with the biggest grin.

Alayna caught me a little off guard earlier with some of her questions.

A:"So how does the baby grow?"
Me: "Just like you, a little at a time."
A:"No but how does the baby start...like do you just eat a lot of food?"
Me: "hmm, Well (going to my standard just give the basics) it takes a mommy and a daddy to make a baby..."
A: "You mean Daddy has a baby in his tummy?"
Me: "No..."
A: "Well then what part is Daddy doin?"
Me: (NOT prepared for this conversation right now?) Well....

I continued with the abridged version of 'the talk' and pull out my go to magazine 'As your baby grows' and got all her questions for tonight answered.

Ashtyn put herself to bed a little early so she could finish her book. She loves the Secret Series and has 1 left. She was so excited to tell me all about it. And as she was telling me all about the ending, I kept thinking this is where I am supposed to be. This is what I am supposed to be doing.

My ribs, belly, back and hips ache endlessly. I have been doing laundry for a week straight and there are still 2 loads to be done. Jay is recruiting so I have no adult support or conversation. BUT I wouldn't change it for the world. I can do this...No I want to do this and love doing this.

I needed that. It is amazing how get little confirmations when you need them the most.

For more mommy inspiration....click here, she seems to hit the nail on the head every time.

No comments: